Summoning allows players to receive additional Servants, Craft Essences, Experience Cards, and Status Up Cards. There are currently two ways of summoning: Saint Quartz summoning and Friend Point summoning.
Saint Quartz Summoning
Saint Quartz summoning is used to summon Servants and Craft Essences of 3-5★ rarity.
Quartz summoning requires either 3 Saint Quartz or 1 Summon Ticket per individual summon, or 30 Saint Quartz to summon 10 cards. When performing a 10x summon (a.k.a. 10-roll), you are guaranteed to summon at least one 3-5★ Servant and one 4-5★ Summon (note: this does NOT change the 5★ rate). You cannot perform a 10-roll with 10 Summon Tickets. After the 4th Anniversary of the JP server a 10x summon gives a free extra roll (becoming an 11x summon) while still only costing 30 Saint Quartz, and doing a 1-roll 10 times on one specific summoning pool will also grant an extra roll from the same pool. The NA server received this update with its 4th Anniversary.
The Saint Quartz summoning pool that is always available is known as "story summoning." The following Servants will be unlocked after completing main story chapters, but they are primarily available in the story summoning unless they're also added (usually as rate-ups) in other temporary pools. Similarly, there are Craft Essences that only available through summoning in the story summoning pool after completing main story chapters.
|Fate/Grand Order : Observer on Timeless Temple|
|Main Quest Required to Clear||Servant and Craft Essence Unlocked|
|E Pluribus Unum|
|Fate/Grand Order : Epic of Remnant|
Limited Summoning Campaigns
There may be additional splash pages for Saint Quartz summoning during ongoing events or promotions. For any of these summonings, the Servants and Craft Essences available may be different. To check the list of cards in the current summoning pool, tap the Summon Details (召喚詳細?) button in the lower left. This includes Servants that are normally unlocked through the story; limited summoning campaigns may temporarily make them available even if you have not progressed that far yet.
Limited summoning campaigns usually offer a "rate-up" for a specified number of Servants; this does not change the summoning probabilities in the table above!!! The chance of summoning a 5★ Servant is still 1%, but, if you were to summon a 5★, there is a higher chance it will be a rate-up Servant.
The rate-up chances for Servants and Craft Essences varies with the number of Servants and Craft Essences of the same rarity that have their rates increased. With one of each rarity, the rates are as follows:
Some Servants can only be summoned during limited summoning campaigns - these Servants are commonly known as "Limited Servants." To date, no plans have been announced to add them to the permanent summoning pool, but they may appear again in limited summoning campaigns in the future.
Sometimes Servants are released before their main story location has been released. These Servants are temporarily considered "limited Servants," but will be added to the permanent summoning pool at a later date.
- Currently no Servant
Some limited summoning campaigns (Example, Guaranteed 5★ Summoning) require the use of paid Saint Quartz. When attempting a Saint Quartz summoning, underneath your total number of Saint Quartz, the number listed on the left is your paid Saint Quartz, while the number listed on the right is your free Saint Quartz.
Friend Point Summoning
Friend Point summoning can summon any non-limited type of card at 3★ or lower rarity.
As of 7M Downloads Campaign update, Each player receives 10x free summon per day at 00:00 JST. Subsequent summons require 200 FP each and 2000 FP for each 10x. Friend Points can be commonly obtained from Login Rewards, using other players' Servants as support, and other players using your Servant as support.
There's currently no official statement of the probability of the different rarities in friend summoning, but the general pattern is roughly the same as Saint Quartz Summoning, with different placeholders: the probability of 3★card in quartz summon is like 1★card in friend summon, 4★card in quartz is like 2★card in friend, and 5★card in quartz is like 3★card in friend.
During the opening tutorial, there is a forced Saint Quartz summoning where players get their first Servant. As of E Pluribus Unum Chapter Release, the players are guaranteed to get a 4★ Servant (from below table) and a 4★ Craft Essence.
Starting with the Start Dash Renewal & Returnee Rewards Campaign in the Japanese server the tutorial summon Servant pool has been renewed with more Servants making each class have an equal amount. In the english server the old tutorial summon Servant pool is still used.
NOTE: You cannot obtain a 5★ Servant from the Tutorial Summoning but it is possible to get 2 or more 4★ Servants.
Rate-Up SSR Pity System
Confirmed Summon (確定召喚?) System, also known as a Rate-Up SSR Pity, is a system that safeguards the players from overspending for a single copy of SSR. When a Master fails to summon the Rate-Up SSR in a given banner, the Rate-Up SSR will be guaranteed on the 330th roll. This only happens once per banner. Any more summons after that will not have any guarantee, but only for that banner itself.
- 330 rolls refers to spending 900 SQ and getting the free summon 30 more times, so when buying SQ you only need to get 900 and not 990 to hit the maximum amount of pity.
Terms and Conditions:
- The Pity Counter does NOT get carried over from one banner to another.
- Only eligible for the FIRST INSTANCE that you obtain the Rate-Up SSR, on the SAME banner. (Different banners count separately)
- This system only applies to banners with a RATE-UP SSR, and that banner must have an end duration. This means Story Summon will not have this system.
- Getting a non Rate-Up SSR before you get the Rate-Up SSR will NOT reset the pity, you are still guaranteed the Rate-Up SSR even if you get spooked before hitting 330 rolls.
- For cases where a Summoning Banner has rotating Rate-Up SSR's, the Pity Counter RESETS the moment it rotates to the next SSR. Additionally, if the same Rate-Up SSR gets rotated back again in the same summoning campaign, it does not carry the pity counter from its previous appearance.
- Pity count is LOST the moment the banner ends.
- Even if you own the Servant that is on Rate-Up, you can still benefit from this system. The system does not track whether or not you own the Servant, but only if you have summoned that Servant from the banner itself.
- Types of currency eligible for Pity Count: Both Paid and Free and
- Types of rolls eligible for Pity Count: 1 Paid SQ/day Summon, Regular Single Summon, 10+1 Summon, 2x Regular Summon (from reaching the 10th Single Roll)
- Story Summon and Friend Point Summon is excluded from this system.
- If "ピックアップ対象の確定召喚は終了しました。" text is seen on the banner, it means this banner will no longer have the 330 Rolls Guaranteed. This occurs only when the pity has been used (either obtained the Servant earlier than expected or already reached 330 rolls and obtained the Servant).
- For 10+1 Summon, in the event the Rate-Up SSR guarantee happens, it will not conflict with the guaranteed SR Card and guaranteed R Servant perk that comes with the 10+1 Summon. This system is separate from the 10+1 Summon perks. This means it will not overlap with the guaranteed SR, but getting the Rate-Up SSR on the banner itself will still end the pity counter for that banner.
- It's recommended to keep track of your roll count so you'll know when you're close to reaching the guaranteed pity since the game does not automatically do this.
- Sometimes when a 4-5★ Servant is summoned, the summoning animation's blue ring will turn gold.
- If the Servant is a 5★ Servant, the ring may occasionally turn rainbow instead.
- In rare instances, a silver Servant card will spark and turn gold, and instead of being a Rare Servant, it will become an SR or SSR Servant. This will be indicated by the card becoming "double-sided" so that the class of the Servant can be seen on both sides of the card while it is being flipped.
- A "spook" is the colloquial term for summoning a Servant that does not have a rate-up but shares the class, rarity, or both of a rate-up Servant in a Limited Summoning Campaign.
- For Saint Quartz summoning, the chance to summon 3★ Servants and 3★ Craft Essences is now equally 40% with the release of Okeanos. Previously, the chance of summoning 3★ Craft Essences was much higher than that of 3★ Servants.
- With the release of E Pluribus Unum, the Tutorial Summoning pool was expanded to include many 4★ Servants. It also introduced the special 10-card summon that guarantees a 3-5★ Servant and 4-5★ summon.
- With the onset of Fate/Grand Order's 1st Anniversary, the amount of Saint Quartz used to summon was reduced from 4 to 3.
- The summoning animation's summoning ring will expand outwards into differing amounts of lines depending on what is being summoned: zero lines for Status Up Cards or Experience Cards, one line for Craft Essences, two lines for Command Codes, and three lines for Servants.
|Basics||Summoning • Class • Cost • Leveling|
Command Cards • Bond Points • Ascension • Special Ascension
|Class|| Saber • Archer • Lancer • Rider • Caster • Assassin • Berserker|
Shielder • Ruler • Avenger • Moon Cancer • Alter Ego
Foreigner • Pretender • Beast
|Abilities||Skills • Active Skills • Passive Skills • Append Skills • Noble Phantasm|
|Advanced||Palingenesis • Traits • Alignments • Attributes • Command Code • Command Card Upgrade • Servant Coin • Holy Grail Casting|
|Extra Info||Costume Dress • Illustrator List • Voice Actor List • Animation Updates|