Palingenesis (聖杯転臨, Seihai Tenrin?), more commonly known as Grail Ascension, is the feature that lets any Servant Ascend beyond their intended maximum level, with the cost of the rarest material in the game - Holy Grail. It was added to the game on the FGO Summer Festival 2016 ~1st Anniversary~.
The Maximum Level for all Servants is 100, regardless of rarity. This allows 1★ Servants to be nearly as strong as a 3★ Servant, in terms of stats. Each ascension also requires the recipient Servant to reach their current max level, just like normal ascension.
Only Mash Kyrielight cannot be Grail Ascended.
- Servant must be MAX Ascended.
- The next Grail Ascension requires the Servant to be MAX level before it can happen.
- The Grail Ascension disregards Rarity except for the QP cost of the Ascension.
- Grail Ascended Servants will gain a Gold card borderline (if they are lower than 4★ and grailed to obtain a max level of 80 as indicated in the chart below) and will gain a Grail icon.
- Grail Ascended Servants will gain a Silver card borderline (if they are lower than 3★ and grailed to obtain a max level of 70 as indicated in the chart below) and will gain a Grail icon.
- Servant Cost does not change after Grail Ascension.
- Grail Growth Stats rely on Linear, and are not affected by any servant base growth like Reverse S, Semi S, etc.
|Rarity||Total Number of needed to reach|
|Total : 29,800,000|
|Total : 37,400,000|
|Total : 45,000,000|
|Total : 49,000,000|
After your Servant gets Grail ascended, a
will be added next to the number of ★ that indicates a Servant's rarity. If a servant is grailed to level 100,another smaller ★ will be added to the top right corner of
previously added by grailing.